Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Utopia EWS two weeks free download

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Boye's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2000
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi,

    installation of the piano sets require 410MB at least. I would recommend closer to 600 or so. The swapfile may increase in size eating up your HD during installation.

    Other than that, there's not much more help I can give you. We just switched over to the new installation system, and the only time I got the error was because I accidently and repeatedly was trying to install to my CDrom reader ;>

    ------------------

  2. #12
    Inactive Member raddaqii's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    now, that comes as a surprise! biggrin because 15+8+8 doesn't make up about a ninth of that..
    but thanks, this informations helps a lot.



    ------------------

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Boye's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2000
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I know, it is hilarious smile

    I mean, there's some serious numbercrunching going on in the background - getting 50MB+ of soundbanks at 10MB lossless ain't that bad ! The huge amount of space needed for installation is THE downside of this technology, decompression time comes at a close second.

    Let me know if it works!

    ------------------

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Boye's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2000
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I know, it is hilarious smile

    I mean, there's some serious numbercrunching going on in the background - getting 50MB+ of soundbanks at 10MB lossless ain't that bad ! The huge amount of space needed for installation is THE downside of this technology, decompression time comes at a close second.

    Let me know if it works!

    ------------------

  5. #15
    Inactive Member raddaqii's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    yes, it does work. and sounds better than expected.
    and, believe me, a free offer of soundbanks, implying downloads of 50+ MB would probably not make me take the offer.. so, however serious the number crunching, with a download of 'only' about 10MB this is worth every second of online time.

    ------------------

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Boye's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2000
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You got a point there - it could be the reason why the CDrom versions of Utopia EWS is still going strong (650MB, same content but with sources and preinstalled).

    Oh well:

    - Time's up gentlemen ;>

    ------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •